Manifestation – is essentially, way of thinking which changes the reality of the world, so that you create (or Manifest) improvements in whatever area of your life you wish to change.
You’ve probably heard the word Manifestation bandied about quite a lot in the last few years. The Book, the Secret and others were all proponents of positive thinking and getting the universe to deliver exactly what you want. For many people, this didn’t seem to work. That’s simply because it’s not only about asking – it’s about thinking and being. Let me explain what I mean.
First off, the universe does not care what you ask for. There is no ‘power’, giving rewards to good people and punishments to the bad – the rules of energy in the universe are simple. Whatever you think about most, you will manifest. Now, I’m not saying that Karma doesn’t exist – far from it. In fact, karma is bound by the same rules. If you behave badly then you have been thinking negatively. If you think negatively, you will manifest negativity.
However, there are some important points to remember about manifestation.
It’s not a case of thinking “I want a new house” or “I want money” for 5 mins and then forgetting it. You have to think of what you want ALL the time. Think of how we worry about money. We are constantly working out figures in our mind, then making negative statements like “I’ve got no money” – this energy is SO strong, it delivers what we ask for. Scarcity.
Think of the person with low self esteem, constantly worrying about themselves and making negative self-statements such as “I’m fat, I’m ugly, I’m boring”. The universe will deliver those things right back to them !
So how do we get what we want?
First of all, you have to understand that we create our own reality, and we have to power to change that reality at any time. Everything once started as a thought. The chair you are sitting on was designed in someone’s mind, drawn and then constructed or ‘made manifest’. We all know that and accept it, but the same is also true of energy. You can create an energy field around you that is going to attract the things you want – or conversely, repel things.
You do have to take ownership for your wish though, and put yourself in the flow of energy. I call this being in your core. For example, let’s imagine someone who has always wanted to be a nurse, but was pushed into being an accountant by her well-meaning father. She may be a perfectly adequate Accountant, but she is not living in her true core so she will not be completely happy in her role as Accountant. Once she makes the changes she needs to make, she will be an excellent Nurse because she will be living in her core. However, she has to take responsibility for her dream. She would have to take steps to put herself in the flow of energy by finding a way to train to be a nurse but support herself financially. She would also have to be true to herself, by expressing her core self to the people around her (her father for example). This can feel scary, but once you are in your core energy, solutions to problems seem to just flow to you!
As I often say to people, you can’t win the lottery unless you buy a ticket !
Once you accept this fact, you can begin to get the things you want. This will work for physical material things, and emotional things too, like love or happiness.
There are several steps to follow.
1. Look at an area of your life that you are currently not happy with (finances, relationships, career for example). Write down what you are not happy with.
2. Look honestly at the present reality of this situation. Be honest and write down how you would like this to be in the future, in your perfect, ideal world.
3. Think long and hard about WHY you want this outcome and write it down.
4. Think long and hard about what prevents you from manifesting your goal and write this down also. You must be honest – for example you may be turning away potentially happy relationships because you are too picky !
5. Go over each reason and look at ways to change, update, improve or otherwise arrive at or attain an improved wisdom with each. This is taking responsibility or ownership for manifestation.
6. Feel the general emotion you wish to change in the scenario (freedom. Love, calmness etc)
7. Look at the steps you could take RIGHT NOW (however small) to manifest this reality RIGHT NOW. Once you commit and start the ball rolling, the universe will join in!
8. Build a mental picture of every aspect of how this new reality would feel, in every way - enjoy it, make the picture as strong as you possibly can. Don’t just visualise but try and imagine smells, taste’s feelings and sounds too - write down an accurate summary of all of these aspects.
9. Go over the exercise at least twice until you are positive you have covered everything.
It’s very important to believe in your manifestation. Anything done half-heartedly will not work.
This is a very brief outline of Manifestation, but we do run a workshop called ‘Manifesting with the Angels’ from Spiritus, in which this and other techniques can be learned. We also use the Angelic energies to add power and belief to our manifestations.
© Sue & Michael Treanor 2011